Campaign with 60% conversion for 11 hours
Our client from the e-commerce industry, thanks to a thorough understanding of user behavioral patterns on the site, was able to design an advertising campaign for Women's Day, which converted at the level of approx. 60% for almost 11 hours straight. All traffic came from current and returning customers of the brand.
Customer behavior mapping
The e-commerce marketing team knew that understanding customers and their behavior was the most important step in optimizing their experience. In order to be able to thoroughly analyze behavior patterns, they analyzed in CUX visit recordings and heatmaps for customer traffic coming to the website from social media. For a complete analytical picture, they compared these findings with general patterns of returning customer behavior.
Data-driven advertising campaign
49% of customers say they will likely become repeat buyers after a personalized shopping experience with a retail brand. These statistics made the e-commerce team decide to prepare journeys of customers coming to the website from social media ads, which would take into account the observed behavioral patterns and respond to users' expectations.
1. 60% conversion for 11 hours
From the analysis of the customer's journeys leading to successful purchases, they learned that:
- up to 70% of sales succeed if the customer starts their path not from the home page, but from the product or category page,
- as many as 60% of customers with the intention of buying abandon the cart if the discount code does not work,
- social media customers, on average, need 2–3 visits before they decide to buy.
This behavioral analysis allowed them to create a campaign tailored to the expectations and experiences of customers.
- They prepared discount codes for Women's Day for clients who have already visited the page coming from social media at least 3 times.
- The first page they saw after clicking on the ad was not the home page, but the product page.
- This behavior-data-driven approach resulted in a 60% conversion that lasted for almost 11 hours.
- Understanding customers and their behavior was the most important step in optimizing their experience.
- 49% of customers say they will likely become repeat buyers after a personalized shopping experience with a retail brand.
- Use CUX’s visit recordings and heatmaps to track users’ interactions with your site.
- CUX’s Waterfalls will help you understand your customers behaviors and the reasons for conversion drops.
- With goal-oriented analytics, you’ll be able to focus only on data that matters (for example, mapping behaviors on customer journeys leading to conversion from social media).
Start your FREE Trial today and start improving your digital user
experience with data-driven decisions.