To discover the page element XPath, you need to tell CUX which HTML element you have in mind. We’ll need the element class or ID that’s part of HTML attributes.
- Navigate to the page on your site.
- Find the element you want to track in your Waterfall.
- Right-click the element.
- Use the “Inspect” or “Inspect element” function. This opens the developer tools window or pane. In the developer tools window, a part of the HTML code that represents the chosen element is selected.
- Copy the HTML element class or ID.
- Paste the copied value in the XPath field of the Waterfall creator. After a short moment, CUX shows you suggestions for the XPath.
- Select the option. CUX automatically enters the XPath value into the field. That’s all you need to do